Sunday, October 23, 2011

Consumed with the Word of God

This weekend Danny and I had the privilege of sending some time with a delightful couple who we love and respect very much. The thing that amazes me the most about them is how the Word of God is a natural part of their conversations. It’s not forced or stiff but it’s also not “syrupy sweet.”  They don’t use it to condemn or judge but to build up and encourage.    I believe the Word of God flows naturally in their conversations because they are consumed with it.  They read it, study it, memorize it, meditate on it, delight in it and discuss it freely because it is sweeter than honey to them.  They love the Word of God! and it shows!

What a blessing these dear friends are to Danny and I. My heart is overflowing with gratitude for their love, pastoral care and Godly wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment