Monday, November 28, 2011

Dear Drama Queen

Really?  Must you really turn this into a major ordeal? Don’t you think you might be blowing this way out of proportion? Maybe if you would take a step back and take a deep breath you could calm down enough to see that the situation is not as bad as you think it is. Yes I know it’s not perfect and there are many things that need to be worked out but you’re only fueling the fire with your vain imaginations and “what ifs.”  You need to “fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure and lovely and admirable.  You need to think about the things that are excellent and worthy of praise” (Eph 4:8) like Christ’s birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension, reign and return.

I’m so sorry that you have to deal with these issues but rehashing the details with “all your closest friends” isn’t helping you and is only stirring up strife in the community.  You are dividing friends and tearing apart your family.  You need to take this to your one and only true friend who is also your Lord and Savior. The only one who has the power and wisdom to change the situation in His perfect timing but more importantly who can transform you from the impatient, selfish, self-righteous drama queen you are to a woman with a gentle and quite spirit who seeks to build-up and encourage others.

Excuse me! Did I hear you right? You have no idea why your children are drama kings and queens?  You really don’t know why they are making mountains out of mole hills, spassing out about the most ridiculously unimportant matters and unable to handle the normal irritations of living in this sinful and broken world?  Well, there are two reasons: one, they are a reflection of you and what they have learned from you and two, they are sinners just like the rest of us.  They need the saving and transforming power of the Gospel just like you and I do. 

As I take a deep breath and step back from the situation this is my prayer……..
Most graciously Heavenly Father, forgive me for being short and impatient with my friend; forgive me for seeing her as an interruption in my schedule; forgive me for being selfish and self-righteous with her. I lift my friend up to you and pray you would pour out your grace on her and calm her anxious heart. Give her faith to believe you are working in her situation; help her to trust you to take care of all the details for your glory and her good. Use this situation to bring her to the end of herself so that she might be filled with you.  And I pray you would pour out your grace on me and give me wisdom to know how to love and encourage her; how to be her Gospel friend.  Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment