Monday, December 19, 2011

Grace for the Holidays


Yesterday Pastor Scotty Smith tweeted
There will be enough of God's grace for every family gathering you attend this holiday season. That's hope, not hype!”

As I have meditated on this truth this is my prayer….

Oh Father, this Christmas I long to be so rooted and grounded in your love for me, strengthened with power through your Spirit in my inner most being  (Eph 3:17) that my conversations are full of grace, seasoned with salt so that I may know how to answer everyone ( Cold 4:6) according to your will. I want to be completely undone by you mercy and compassion for me that I humbly bear with and build-up others, forgiving them as you have forgiven me.  Empty me of me that I might be filled with you so that I might be an instrument of grace at every family gathering this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment